December 1st, 2009 by brett tackaberry
I would encourage all you to read this email in full as it contains important information about the Stache Bash, Pledging and Prizes. Yes, prizes.
This is the home stretch. You have a week left to persuade, plea, pry, and pester for pledges. Every little bit helps. The efforts in this last week will probably mean giving another child a life-changing wish.
You guys have done a really great job this year in promoting and furthering the cause. I am proud to wear this stache with such a fine group of young men.
See you Friday.
Two words: dress to impress. And be prepared for a good time.
We will be descending upon Hooley’s Pub on December 4. There will be half price apps and drinks.Plan to be there at 7:30pm. The festivities will start promptly at 8pm. More information can be found on the site.
It is new this year, but we have prizes for the top fundraisers.A big thanks to Dennis from Make a Wish for pulling these prizes together. If you see him around on Friday, be sure to say thanks – you can’t miss him, he’ll be wearing a mustache.
And the prizes are:
1. Signed Daniel Briere Jersey.
2. Overnight trip to Calabogie Resort for two with 1 round of golf.
3. Sens tickets.
We also have a special prize for the sweetest stache but you won’t find out until the sash is presented.
Of course there is also the Kevin Janok Award for worst stache. Typically it goes to Kevin Janok – but there are some nastaches this year and with the right costume he could be dethroned.
Pledging and Dropping off money
This isn’t all that complicated, here is everything you need to know:
- Bring all your money and pledge sheets with you on Friday. Write your name on the pledge sheet. Have it totaled prior to arrival.
- Please write a cheque for the cash portion of your pledging. This is a nice-to-have and saves us a lot time and effort.
- Don’t include donations over paypal on your pledge sheet. At the venue, we will have the total amount pledged to you over paypal.
- For those who pledged to you over paypal, they will get a receipt, we have their information.
- If you can’t make it on Friday, you have a few options:
- drop off your money and pledge sheet to me during business hours at my place of work or on the weekend/evenings to my house – email me for the address and my mobile number
- send money to this email address from online banking.
- send the money through paypal on the site
- mail checks to me. email for the address.