Mustaches for Kids Ottawa
12 Years of Growing Mustaches and Raising Money for Make-a-Wish
November 28th, 2012 by Trevor Kealey
In this final week I ask you to persuade, plea, pry, and pester for pledges. Every little bit helps. The efforts in this last week will probably mean giving another child a life-changing wish. This is the week that actually makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I hope you feel it too.
See you Friday.
Two words: dress to impress. And be prepared for a good time.
We will be Stacheing it up at the Legion on Kent near Somerset on Friday, November 30. Plan to be there at 7:30pm. The festivities will start promptly at 8pm. More information can be found on the site.
We have prizes for the top fundraisers. Highlights include a bike from Joe Mamma’s (thanks Jose as always), large quantities of pork from Egan Farms, Fletcher Farms and the Ottawa Valley Pork Producers Association (thanks Mike L.), and many other exciting prizes.
Of course there is also the Kevin Janok Award for worst stache. Even though most mustaches are pretty terrific this year, theres always a worst.
Pledging and Dropping off money
This isn’t all that complicated, here is everything you need to know:
- Bring all your money and pledge sheets with you on Friday. Write your name on the pledge sheet. Have it totaled prior to arrival.
- Please write a cheque for the cash portion of your pledging. This is a nice-to-have and saves us a lot time and effort. Cheques should be made out to Make-a-Wish Eastern Ontario.
- Don’t include donations over paypal on your pledge sheet. At the venue, we will have the total amount pledged to you over paypal.
- For those who pledged to you over paypal, they will get a receipt, we have their information.
- If you can’t make it on Friday, you have a few options:
- drop off your money and pledge sheet to me during business hours at my place of work or on the weekend/evenings to my house – email me for the address and my mobile number
- send money to this email address from online banking.
- send the money through paypal on the site
- mail checks to me. email for the address.