Mustaches for Kids Ottawa
12 Years of Growing Mustaches and Raising Money for Make-a-Wish
November 29th, 2013 by Brett Tackaberry
With a triumphant 9th inning effort by the growers, M4K made some huge strides just in the final week. And we still have another day to go.
I want to give a big shout out to the team at Kivuto for pulling together with a big team effort. High-fives to the boys team bv02 – if you look close enough you might see one of your M4K organizers there. And if you see any of the leaderboard guys, give them a pat on the back and say “Thanks for being awesome.”
Two words: dress to impress. And be prepared for a good time.
We will be Stacheing it up at the Legion in Westboro at 389 Richmond on Friday, November 29. Plan to be there at 7:30pm. The festivities will start promptly at 8pm. More information can be found on the site.
We have some great prizes this year: the top fundraiser will walk away with two Westjet tickets to anywhere they fly; a couple pairs of hockey tickets; a signed Bergeron Bruins jersey; and then some Oakley sunglasses and golf balls to some select growers.
Pledging and Dropping off money
This isn’t all that complicated, here is everything you need to know:
- Bring all your money and pledge sheets with you on Friday. Write your name on the pledge sheet. Have it totaled prior to arrival.
- Please write a cheque for the cash portion of your pledging. This is a nice-to-have and saves us a lot time and effort. Cheques should be made out to Make-a-Wish Eastern Ontario.
- Don’t include donations over paypal on your pledge sheet. At the venue, we will have the total amount pledged to you over paypal.
- For those who pledged to you over paypal, they will get a receipt, we have their information.
- If you can’t make it on Friday, you have a few options:
- drop off your money and pledge sheet to me during business hours at my place of work or on the weekend/evenings to my house – email me for the address and my mobile number
- send money to this email address from online banking.
- send the money through paypal on the site
- mail checks to me. email for the address.